After spending a week in West Valley with my family I made the trip back
down to Cedar and waiting for me in my mailbox when I got back were two
letters one from Megan in Korea and the other from Matt in Ghana. I was
so excited because I haven't heard from either one of my missionaries
in a while. I started by reading Matt's I had to laugh when I opened it
and these fell out....
I'm taking this as a hint that he wants me to continue to write to him especially because in the letters he says multiple times that he prefers handwritten letters to emails. I laughed because I'm already planning on writing him until he comes home which is approximately 20 months away. I love this kid so how could I not keep writing him.
I left Megan's letter for last because it has been two and a half months since the last time I had heard from her. Her letter this time around had a different attitude about it. There were different phrases/sayings that we write in all of our letters but this time they felt awkward and distant. I don't know if it was my imagination or if something really has changed. I fully understand that serving as a missionary is a completely different lifestyle than the one that I am living as a college student. All of her letters were so happy and always put a smile on my face. In this one she shared a few happy mission experiences but as I was reading them all I could think was the person writing this isn't the person that I know. Megan's only has 7 months left and I really hope that our friendship is still there when she gets back because she is my best friend and I honestly don't know what I would do without her. For now I will continue writing to her and see if it was just this letter or if something really has changed.
For anyone who can I encourage writing to a missionary it is one of the best things that I have ever done. I love watching (okay reading) about their growth and experiences even their struggles. I love the feeling of supporting them from home. They encourage me to become better and to strengthen my own testimony. It is hard to send people that you are so close to away but the blessing outweigh the struggles.
No comments:
Post a Comment