Since I was little every time someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up I always told them a teacher. Recently I've been asking myself this question and I don't answer it with teacher anymore. I've always love working with young kids but I just don't see a future for me teaching anymore. I'm almost done with the Education program at SUU but I'm absolutely miserable through the whole thing. It's to late for me to turn back now and switch my major so I'm going to graduate with my Bachelor's in Elementary Education. The idea of having my own classroom right now gives me severe anxiety and I can't even think about it without getting sick to my stomach. This severe anxiety is how I know that this isn't the profession for me anymore. After I graduate I'm hoping to get a job in a preschool where I can play with the children more than write extensive lesson plans. What do I want to be when I grow up? I can't answer that question because I don't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment