I have some of the most amazing people as friends. I look up to so many of my friends but I'm going to focus on two of them in this post.

The first one is my best friend Sister Megan Allred. As you can probably tell she is currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Here is a few weeks she is leaving the MTC to go to Daejeon South Korea. I look up to her in so many ways. I can feel the strength of her testimony every time I read one of her letters. I love her so much and I'm so proud of her.

The second one is the boy next door, literally, Matt Smith. Matt and I have known each other and have been friends since we were born, me on the day he was supposed to be born and him on the day that I was supposed to be born. While we had different groups of friends that we hung out with in high school we still remained friends. Matt moved to Texas shortly after we graduated from high school to get away from a few people who were bad influences on him. He moved back to Utah the last week of September and after only being home for three days his mission call came in the mail. Matt is 21 and older than most missionaries who go out. We didn't know if Matt was ever going to go on a mission, it doesn't matter to me either way because he is an amazing man either way. He called me after I got off work to let me know that he had gotten his call and that he was going to be serving in the Ghana Accra Africa mission. I started crying after I hung up the phone. I'm so proud of the decision that Matt has made to serve a mission and I know without a doubt that he is going to make one amazing missionary. I love Matt and I'll be behind him every step of the way.
I don't know where I would be without my friends. They are such an example to me on a daily basis. I hope that they each know how much I love and look up to them. They are my heroes.
No comments:
Post a Comment