I was given the wonderful opportunity this weekend to hang out with Rachel for the first time in over two years. Several circumstances happened and we went our separate ways after high school and hadn't talked or seen each other since. We ran into each other the first day of school and decided to get together. It took almost a month before we were able to find a day that we would both be in Cedar and both have a free day. I was really nervous for the simple fact that so much had happened in the years since we graduated from high school. As soon as Rachel opened the door my nervousness left and I felt at peace. I haven't felt at peace for a long time. I realized that both of us have moved on and were ready for a fresh start. We were together for over five hours and I couldn't have left happier. We talked about what is going on in our lives now, old high school memories, and everything in between. It was a great healing experience for me and it once again confirmed to me that everything happens for a reason. I'm looking forward to the next time that Rachel and I can get together and have another long conversation. Thank you Rachel you will never know how much Saturday meant to me.
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Rachel
I was given the wonderful opportunity this weekend to hang out with Rachel for the first time in over two years. Several circumstances happened and we went our separate ways after high school and hadn't talked or seen each other since. We ran into each other the first day of school and decided to get together. It took almost a month before we were able to find a day that we would both be in Cedar and both have a free day. I was really nervous for the simple fact that so much had happened in the years since we graduated from high school. As soon as Rachel opened the door my nervousness left and I felt at peace. I haven't felt at peace for a long time. I realized that both of us have moved on and were ready for a fresh start. We were together for over five hours and I couldn't have left happier. We talked about what is going on in our lives now, old high school memories, and everything in between. It was a great healing experience for me and it once again confirmed to me that everything happens for a reason. I'm looking forward to the next time that Rachel and I can get together and have another long conversation. Thank you Rachel you will never know how much Saturday meant to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment