Sunday, July 18, 2010
Can't it just be about me?
Sometimes I wonder if people remember that I'm there. I've lived my whole life in the background whether I chose to be there or not. I'm tired of coming behind the dog, housework, errands, people in the ward, car problems, work problems, dinner, siblings, everything is more important than me it seems like. When I ask for a favor or help doing something I'm tired of people forgetting or only remember right before we go to bed where they don't remember when they get up the next morning. Sometimes I just want it to be all about me. I want to feel like I am someone's priority rather than just another one of their inconveniences. I shouldn't have to clean the entire house, do eight loads of laundry, wash the cars, get the mail, clean the kitchen, set the table, cook and clean up dinner just to be noticed. I'm tired of having to go out of my way to have people take notice of me when they've known me for so many years, when they've told me that they care so much. I'm just tired of being another face in your life. I want to mean something to you. Can't it just be about me for a moment?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love you Jamie! doncha forget it!
ReplyDelete