Sunday, February 7, 2010

Life....

I've been doing a lot of thinking these past few weeks about where I'm at in my life and where I'm headed. I was looking back at when I first started school here at Snow. I was scared out of my mind I was in a new town two hours from home where I didn't know anyone. Things quickly changed and I made the best five friends anyone could ask for. We went through a lot of crap that semester but we have all grown stronger since then. I thought that this year was going to be amazing I was finally part of a group that actually liked me for who I was, depression and all. Some of my favorite memories come from the five months that we were together. Everyone has since gone down there own paths and now it's my turn to take my own path. I'm scared to leave Ephraim because it's where I feel comfortable. It's going to be a hard adjustment when I transfer to a new place where I don't know anyone. I have to be strong I can't crumble anymore. Snow has taught me so much about myself. I learned that I am a strong individual that can get through any obstacle placed in my path. I have truly learned which friends really do care about me and have my best interest at heart. I have gone through anything and everything with my friends. It's easier to be strong for someone else than it is yourself. I've had to say goodbye to many of the people that I was closest too and it's one of the hardest things that I've had to do. I've come to realize that if they aren't willing to fight for our friendship then they don't deserve to be my friend because I deserve better than that. There are many people that I need to say goodbye with even now but I'm not quite strong enough too, so we will see what the future holds for me. Every time I start thinking about the past, present, and future I start to cry when I realize that after everything that happened and after every time I went through hell I survived. I will continue to survive. People always say that high school is the best time of your life, I disagree college is the best time of your life. No one knows when we are going to die so it's important to live life to the fullest. Don't cry because a part of your life is over, smile because it happened.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie! you are a very strong women im just glad you see that now! you are amazing and dont think other wise! love you too the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete