As you're going through school taking all of your teaching classes there is one class and one thing that they don't teach you about....the what if child.
This school year I had a student who started the school year late, came in with some severe behavior challenges, and then stopped coming without a warning never to come back to my classroom.
This child has had a really rough life, one that I could never imagine having.
My heart literally breaks for this child.
He's lived in two different states leaving everything behind as his mom has tried to move him into better circumstances. This child is now homeless and I have no idea where he is.
This child will always stay with me.
He will always be on my mind.
He will always be in my heart.
He is my what if child.
What if he was able to stay in my classroom and continue the tremendous growth that he has already made?
What if their situation was different? What if there was more we could do for them?
What if? What if? What if?
No matter how many more years I continue teaching.
No matter where my life might turn out.
He will always be in my heart. Always in my mind.
My heart breaks for the what if kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment