Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Differences Are Greater Than Ever

I thought that we were just growing older but I've since realized that we haven't just grown up but that we are growing apart. We lead such different lives these days. I'm a teacher and you're a college student. You go out partying with friends and I go to bed because I've been with 5 year olds all day. I thought that nothing could touch our friendship. I thought that I would always be there for you and that you would always be there for me.We aren't in the same place that we used to be. I wanted us to be friends forever after all it feels like we've been friends  forever. I don't know what the future has in store for us but my hope is that we can get back on the same path and not the path that leads us so far apart. I know you have a life to live and I have a life to live as well. There are just sometimes that I need that person that has seen me fall apart so many times and has never judged me. I need that person that can tell me that its all going to be okay so that maybe I'll believe it for once. I just being being able to pick up my phone and have someone be on the other side. It all comes down to three simple words...''I miss you.''

No comments:

Post a Comment