Sunday, January 15, 2012

For Those Who Don't Know

For those who don't know it's hard to explain what depression can do to a person or how it makes you feel. I have suffered from depression for the last 8 years if not longer. My depression is not something that I like to talk about or that is easy to talk about. I can't explain to someone why it's hard for me to get out of bed in the morning. I don't know how to help someone understand why I don't feel comfortable around people. I can't explain to someone why I don't feel happy. I have been told that you have to make yourself feel happy, but I've tried for years and I just can't make myself feel happy. Just because someone has depression doesn't mean that they can't feel happy it's just that it's hard to always feel happy. There have been several moments in my life where I have felt truly happy. I don't want people to feel sorry for me or to even pity me I just want someone to understand the truth. I want to find someone that accepts that I feel so down some days that it takes all that I am to get out of bed. For those who don't know what it's like to suffer from depression I want them to know what it's like.

No comments:

Post a Comment