Monday, May 24, 2010

The Change in Me

Being without a job has given me plenty of time to reflect on where I was two years ago and where I am now. I was looking through all of my pictures and I came across one from my high school graduation and one from my Snow College graduation. The differences in my appearance alone was shocking to me. In the high school graduation pictures I look like an empty shell, I don't look happy despite the smile on my face. I lacked self confidence, content to stay in the background and be invisible. In all of the pictures I'm hunched over trying to hide myself from those around. High School graduation wasn't a sad experience for me, I was happy to leave and get the fresh start that I so thoroughly needed.


Switching over to my Snow College Graduation pictures there is a new sense of self confidence in my face that was lacking two years before. I'm standing upright wanting to be seen and noticed my those around me. I have a smile on my face that reaches my eyes. I have those happy tears in my eyes because of those awesome friends I made the previous two years that are moving away that I'm going to miss with every part of my heart.


My Snow College graduation picture is what graduation pictures are supposed to be like, full of happiness and joy. High School was a learning experience that I will never forget and my high school friends will always remain important to me but it is my Snow College friends that will always remain in my heart and have forever changed me. They have helped me to experience true happiness, true joy, and true friendship. They have helped me to see my full potential and live up too it. I love my Snow College friends and even though we are going to be living hours apart they will never leave my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie- you never cease to amaze me! I love you to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete